Are you running a café or a restaurant? Okay, then for a few seconds, just consider yourself as a restaurant or café customer. Imagine that you have just taken a seat in your beloved restaurant (apart from yours).
On your table, there is a table tent, a laminated card in the upright position as a promoting material. While sipping water and awaiting your waiter, your attention suddenly falls on the table tent.
It supposedly reveals some interesting facts of how healthy the different recipes served here are. Well, this captivates your mind and you continue reading the whole infographic.
Now, you come across a code of black and white puzzle-like squares, which says ‘SCAN ME for These Recipes’. Oh, wow! That’s awesome! What will you do now? You will wait no further and scan the code using the smartphone after which a special menu card as a PDF file opens to make you choose one of the healthiest recipes.
You instantly select two dishes! No just imagine how much time it would have taken for you to choose these two recipes if it would have been a simple menu card on hand? Well, this is the goodness of using QR codes on table tents in your own restaurant, café, or any food outlet.
Do you wish to know what more wonders such table tents can do for you? Read on to know that.
A Real-life Example of Using QR Codes on Table Tents
The table tents at Applebee’s restaurants were festooned with a QR code placed over a cat’s mouth. When customers saw that and scanned the code just by placing their smartphone in front of it, it seemed as if that cat is talking to them.
Upon successful scanning, that cat used to speak about the menu for almost 15 minutes. Although this might be a petty task, this QR code campaign attracted more than 61,000 individuals to their chain of restaurants.
Why do you think that this campaign got such astonishing outcomes? This is because it was fully focused on genuine informational value in a genuinely entertaining way, unlike the other QR code campaigns that truly feature marketing gimmicks.
Table tents were already there on each table. Considering that most customers will use their phone seeing such a code-like thing, the restaurant staff thought that it is a great idea to make table tents not only engaging but also interactive. Thus, they customized their table tents.
From this example, the marketing professionals at food outlets get to learn how a QR code campaign should be. It is not always necessary to have a QR code for selling a deal or getting maximum sign-ups.
Just think of engaging ideas such as directing to a site to opt-in for the restaurant’s loyalty program or news alerts. Targeting something fun-filled is what you need to look for, as it is entertaining for everyone including your own staff. It is also the most effective way of promoting what you wish to without any insistence.
Ideas for Using QR Codes on Table Tents
Here are some more ideas to use QR codes on table tents, which reveal what you can share with your customers.
- Link them to a digital menu for ordering from their smartphones without speaking with any staff member or faxing. It is truly impractical for waiters to play several roles of serving the customers inside and outside the restaurants. So, it is wise to encourage customers to order food online through their smartphone. Just make a mobile-optimized menu and it will get you more customers for sure, as you are making it convenient for them to order.
- Share them a recommendation from an existing customer for what to order, especially if they are visiting for the first time.
- Connect them to your social media page where they can see your menu gallery where each recipe photo is followed by its name or existing customer reviews. This is where they can also share their own experience of your food and service.
- Share with them the outlet’s geolocation through the Google Map link so that they can instantly share the same with their friends or group members on the way.
- Give them special offers such as gifts, promo codes, and discounts for ordering online or visiting next time.
Adding a QR code to table tents initiates an engaging mobile experience that connects your offline customers to your online informative world. So, do customize your table tents now!