It is a recent trend to use QR codes in various marketing materials to fulfill different business goals. Even customers are interested in using these codes instantly to know what they will get if they follow the marketing medium.
Giveaways such as discount offers, special bonuses, gifts, free tours, and coupons are commonly used for attracting more and more interested individuals within a short duration. Most of these giveaways are seen on marketing materials such as flyers, brochures, and banners.
If you use QR codes tactically to share these giveaways, the advantages are simply going to be two-fold for your business. Motivators include Heinz using these codes on its ketchup bottles and Ralph Lauren’s marketing by using these codes for Polo apparels.
They are real-life examples indicating that these codes maximize benefits when used with a sweepstake or a contest. To be like them, let’s understand two things in this post: Where to channelize sweepstakes users and how to use QR code on coupon.
Directing Users via QR Codes on Sweepstakes
Using QR codes in digital sweepstakes campaigns aiming for smartphone users is highly beneficial. As per mardenkane.com, 32% of these users scan these codes, while more than 65% are willing to do so. Further, many campaigns with these codes on sweepstakes have driven engagement.
Recent discussions have been trying to answer where these sweepstakes users should be redirected upon scanning. After the latest surveys and studies, it has been found that the effectiveness of a sweepstake is maximized by directing the users to a Facebook page. This is where happy customers can share and like your sweepstake videos.
They can even comment to express their happiness about the discounts or gifts. Isn’t this the easiest and most reliable way to go viral? The more accessible and effective a sweepstake is, the higher is the probability of getting a bigger number of users or contestants.
It has been seen that the response rate is higher than expected when directing users to a popular social media community. This is because there are billions of users on such communities and they love to share what they feel about a sweepstake.
On the other hand, if the sweepstakes users are directed to a website, they just get to read the information, which involves no interaction or action. Reading is boring, right? Sharing and expressing are more interesting than reading, right?
Simply reading text actually results in procrastination even if they want to return when they enough time. They would lose interest, get distracted, and eventually would forget about the sweepstake.
Sadly, most brands do not comprehend or recognize the value of directing to a social media channel. As per an infographic of Social Wayne, more than 60% of businesses direct to their official website or a landing page, while less than 10% direct to a social web page for sharing their interests.
Ways to Use QR Codes on Giveaways and Sweepstakes
- Link the QR code to something interesting that the users will like to go through, such as your Instagram, LinkedIn, or Facebook page
- Use it on yourself. For example, you can make your own stoles or giveaway t-shirts along with those of your employees and associates to engage and get to know more about it.
- Give some overt freebie. Consider giving them some great bonus that they will get once they scan your QR code on coupon. This bonus can be a free eBook, a free trial, or a free demo at their home. This way you can motivate them to go for a bigger draw.
- Generate qr code for different areas of your market segments so that you can track the feedback of your offer and find out which people have been more interested in it and where do they reside.
- Include the QR code directly into your marketing material such as flyer and banners. Do so by including some catchy phrase such as ‘Scan me for 50% OFF’, ‘View a Video’, or ‘Know the Secret’.
- In case of an on-street store, place the codes where they are clearly visible, a place that your customers can easily spot, such as on the front window.
Often people are not that interested in knowing what a business has to tell about the sweepstakes or giveaways. They are more attentive to know what others are saying about it and how others are willing to enter it. So, direct them to such destinations online through different marketing means.